Rob has had quite the stressful school year and I wanted to help him relax and reward him for his hard work. For 2 weeks I secretly planned and organized our weekend getaway. Last Saturday morning I made him leave the house early and go eat breakfast at McDonald's so I could finish packing. We then traveled down to Aiea/Pearlridge Mall area and got one hour MASSAGES for a good price!
We ate lunch at Panda Express then headed to the highlight of the day: The Marriott Ko'olina Beach Club Resort. I had never been to a resort and it was beautiful! They treat you like royalty and now we know why the tourists think all Hawaiians are so friendly. Our room was beautiful and had a KING size bed. We sleep on a full. The room was so comfy and nice.
We swam and played in the lagoon then got in the jacuzzi. It wasn't the most beautiful day because of the vog (smog+volcano) but we still had fun. For supper we drove over to a family-owned Mexican restaurant and ate some good food. It was taking so long that we almost walked out, but then our food came and it was worth it. Rob wants to go back even though it's in a bad part of town and you could hear the music blasting from the bar next door. We left the next morning and made it back in time for church. It was sad to return to the real world and our tiny apt.
The whole day was a surprise for Rob and he loved it! I did too! Rob has spent the last 4 years surprising me so I thought I should return the favor since he loves them.

Jumping for joy. Doesn't it look like we can jump really high? Not true, for me at least.
3 comments:
What a great idea! I love Hawaii! Enjoy it...even the vog!
Looks like you had a great day. That is fun that you surprised Rob b/c I know he is the king of surprises. You look cute in your new swimsuit!
dang girl, that sounded awesome! i'm glad you guys got to do that. isn't in fun to surprise you man? :) you look good!
Post a Comment