Thursday, May 22, 2008

Spa Night

Last night our relief society had a mini spa boot camp. We split into 3 groups and rotated between hand massage techniques, homemade facials, and beauty tips. Then we had healthy, homemade fruit smoothies. Leah organized it and did great as usual. She gave us many ideas for facials and we got to try one. The recipe we tried is 1 Tbsp plain yogurt, 1 tsp honey, and for oily skin add 1 or 2 drops of lime juice. You rub it on and let it sit for 10 min. It was surprisingly very cooling and refreshing. Afterwards we wiped it off with hot towels. My skin feels so smooth and soft! Angie taught us how to give hand massages and it felt great. Now I have to teach Rob! Erin taught us useful beauty and makeup tips.
It was a fun night and now I can recreate the spa experience at home!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had fun! I got so excited when I realized what you were blogging about!! I need to have Ang teach me the hand massage.

Chad and Carole said...

Hey, can you share the recipes for those spa items? I think it sounds great for a girls night out!

Kim said...

Sounds like fun! Maybe we can have spa night when we come to Hawaii! (we can send our husbands off spear fishing or something)

Erin said...

it was so fun that night. even though i didn't get a mask, but i can do those on my own. just hanging out with the ladies is always fun!

Brooke said...

I am way sad I missed that one!!!