On Thursday of the 3rd week (last week) we had ward temple night. Afterwards we always eat refreshments. Can I tell you how bad I wanted to eat the whole bag of chocolate chip cookies and down the 2-liter of root beer? Even the ginger ale, which I don't like, looked tempting. I sat with the sweets in front of me the whole time and my body was telling me, "YES!" but I resisted. That is the most will power I have ever had when it comes to food and I was so proud of myself.
Well on Friday in my student's food prep class, the teacher offered some cookies to everyone and without even thinking I grabbed one and ate it. I was thinking how good it tasted and how it was melting in my mouth when I remembered I wasn't supposed to eat sugar! It was too late so I felt guilty the rest of the day. I went until Sunday without eating any more so I had to celebrate. I made my first cheesecake and it tastes so good!
I'm not going full on with sugar like I used to. I've only eaten 1 tiny piece of cheesecake a day. I don't want to have all my hard work of exercising and eating right go to waste.




7 comments:
Good job Janababy! I've been in your shoes before. I too am an avid sugar lover and it is so hard to say no but you'll appreciate it all later. How is Rob doing with all of it? Chad could have the sweets or not, it's no big thing for him.
Rob was doing fine with it. He isn't much of a sugar lover anyway. He hurt his back so he stopped the workout last week and so he stopped not eating sugar. I've probably had more sugar than him this week though.
Good luck giving up sugar...it is so hard! Food is my Drug of Choice...I am addicted :) I need to get some self control!!!!
I have MAJOR issues with eating crap! I need to follow your lead...good luck. let us know how it goes! :-)
Oh my gosh that's so awesome! I really need to cut down on the sugar big time, but it's been hard. I'm glad to hear you guys have been able to do well with that, you go girl! I've hit a slump, I hope I can get back on track! Keep it up! :D
You are doing so awesome Jana!!! I can see results happening already!!! I need to get dedicated like you, I want to start noticing results!! I just got done with cardio and so far today I have done great with my diet... I seem to get week at night. It did not help that shane & tay begged me to make them brownies last night. But I only had one bite, ok and a spoonfull of batter, and I licked the bowl clean. Dang it!
Post a Comment