Thursday, October 11, 2007

Temple and Subbing

Tuesday night I started my training at the temple as an ordinance worker. It is going to be amazing working there. I'm going to learn and grow a lot. I'm glad I'm at a point in my life where I have time to work at the temple. The temple is only about a 5 min. walk from our apartment.

Tuesday I subbed at Laie Elementary in the 1st grade. It was fun and the kids were pretty well behaved. I got a call Tuesday night for another sub job in Waimanalo at the bottom of the island. It was about an hour drive. Our neighbors let us borrow their car since we haven't bought one yet. I went between a 3rd and 4th grade class. It was a pretty crazy day but I survived. So far my next sub job will be next Thursday at the same 1st grade class at Laie. It's nice to be working again.

3 comments:

Kim said...

The temple is so beautiful! I'm jealous that you're so close. Does Rob ever get to go with you? I'm glad you've been able to work again. I'm sure you are a great teacher!

Erin said...

how lucky to help at the temple! ill get the kickball team pics and send them to everyone! there are some good action shots!

Anonymous said...

Jana! I am glad you guys doing good. Ordinance worker is great! I wanted to be an ordinance worker.

Jun and I are doing well.
We miss you so much!

You may hear about Japanese Restrant in around the school.
It's called "Makinochaya". I heard that the restrant is famous and really good!
You should go!

And now I am pregnant!! I'm expecting on April 21st. It's a big news from us!