Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Rob and I started a tradition of carving pumpkins each Halloween while we watch a Halloween movie such as Hocus Pocus. We've done it for 3 years but this year we decided not to do it because, first of all, it's hard to find a pumpkin around here. All the good ones go quickly and you have to wait for new shipments to come in. Also, with the humidity and bugs we figured our hard work wouldn't last long enough to enjoy it. We still have watched some Halloween movies: Hocus Pocus, Practical Magic, and Poltergeist but it just doesn't feel like Halloween. It's still hot outside and everything is green. Can I just say I miss Halloween and Fall on the mainland? We bought candy and I hope we get trick or treaters. We're also going to our friend's birthday/Halloween party tonight. These are the pumpkins we carved last year.


2 comments:

Kim said...

We didn't carve our pumpkin this year either. We just roasted the seeds. Did you end up getting any trick-or-treaters?

Anonymous said...

We had about 8 kids come by. Rob and I went for a walk around the block and looked at all the cute costumes. Rob took our leftover candy and gave it to his spanish class :(