I was really looking forward to the American History Museum to see these:
And I was pleasantly surprised to see the original Star-Spangled Banner. I didn't know it was preserved. This flag is massive. It's 30 ft. x 34 ft. You can't take pictures of it, but here is a picture of a picture.
Seeing this flag was a touching moment as I thought of what it represents. This was one of my favorite things this trip.
This day I also got to see money being made and visit the Holocaust Museum. That was a very humbling and sad museum, but well worth it.
I ended the day by riding the Metro out to visit my friend Sara. We were neighbors in Hawaii. They had just moved there a few weeks before and I couldn't miss the chance to see her. I miss having Sara stop by our apt. on her way home every day and also sampling each other's cooking. That girl can cook!

3 comments:
Yay, you're blogging again! It's fun to see more pictures from your D.C. trip. It's crazy to see the difference in the wax models. The second one is so much better. Good luck with school today!
I did a double take on the Mt Rushmore picture! That sounds like the most wonderful trip! Glad you got to go and you can share with your students this year.
You saw a ton of stuff in such a short time. Those wax people are so real looking!
Post a Comment