Monday, July 18, 2011
Washington D.C. Day 1
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday we got to spend in D.C. Tuesday a bunch of us rode around on an open-top double-decker bus. It was fun being so high. You had to watch your head for low branches! One thing that was weird was when the bus driver and other worker got off the bus at the mall and said they were taking a 10 min. break. They took the keys and walked away. How is that good business?? This is me waiting during the break.

We went to Arlington Cemetery first. It's always peaceful and pretty. I love the magnolia trees.

Next we went to the Jefferson Monument. I really liked that one because it was quiet and beautiful.
Then we went up to the National Cathedral. The organist was practicing and it sounded like the Phantom would appear any moment. We found out to attend the private high school on the church grounds costs $41,000 a year!!
My favorite part of the day was going to Georgetown Cupcakes where the show D.C. Cupcakes is filmed. The cupcakes were yummy!

We got to go up to the top of the Washington Monument at night, 500 feet! Luckily we rode the elevator instead of climbed the 800 steps.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a fun trip. I am glad I found your blog so I can see all of your pictures.
I love DC! My friend was proposed to at the Jefferson Monument.
I'm glad you finally got to ride to the top of the Washington Monument and go inside the cathedral since we never did while you lived in VA. Thanks for sharing your cupcakes with me!
Post a Comment