Friday, December 3, 2010

Fall Wrap-Up

In September, our friends Jenny and Steve just moved back from Hawaii and got to visit Idaho for a few days. It was great seeing them!
Rob was working in Colorado for the past 2 months and I got to spend a weekend with him in Denver. We went to Casa Bonita (for the environment, not the food) with his friend Johnathan. We ate at Macaroni Grill and Kelly's Cajun Grill, bought our Halloween costumes, and we went to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. We got to see Rob's friends and people he went to church with when he lived there.

With Johnathan
It was a really fun weekend. I hadn't been to Denver in the fall before and it was gorgeous; colorful trees everywhere and the weather was nice. I didn't take any pictures though!

We decided to be Jessie and Woody for Halloween. It's always a lot of fun on Halloween when you're in the schools. The kids are so excited.
My pumpkin is on the left, Rob's the right
We also took our new pet/class pet to school that day. He's an African pygmy hedgehog named Pike. He's almost 8 months old. We've had him for about 2 months. The kids think he's the coolest class pet, so do I. He's really easy to take care of because he doesn't chew things, doesn't need much attention, he's quiet, and he sleeps all day. He is so cute!!

Class, settle down
While he's been out of town, Rob's been spoiling me by sending flowers to my school, so in the middle of the day I get a beautiful surprise.

This was to remind me of the fall colors in Denver-I love Gerber daisies and lilies
And this was just for fun

4 comments:

SABigler said...

jana, you are so good at updated your blog and taking picture of your fun adventures, i love reading it all. you and rob are so cute in your halloween costumes, makes me miss you guys!!!!

Steve Kolb said...

you potts always have the best costumes! jana, you really do look like jesse! thanks for posting the pic of us together as well, we had so much fun with you!

Kim said...

I wish we'd dressed up this year, but it will be more fun next year anyway. :) Your costumes and pumpkins look great. Is Pike coming for Christmas with Will & Heather? That would be fun! I need to have Jacob read about Rob getting you flowers. It would give him a hint to buy me some. :)

Mary Boyd said...

Okay, you two are the perfect Woody and Jesse. Also, coolest teacher EVER having a pet hedgehog. That is so sweet with the flowers. Good job Rob.