Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Trips part 5: Bear Lake, Utah

One good thing about being unemployed and back on the mainland is we've gotten to do a lot of fun things this summer! At the end of June we had our family reunion on my mom's side. There were 90 something people there. We stayed in 2 houses in Bear Lake.

The Inn at the Lake
and the Valhalla House
We went on a hike and tried Geo Caching for the first time.
The box was filled with just some old trinkets and junky stuff.
We hiked up a deer trail to find it too!
We spent one day at the lake which wasn't as cold as I remember. I had fun riding the wave runner.
Rob, Will, my cousin Jordyn, and I built a sandcastle.
We had a night remembering those who have passed away.
We played games together and had delicious meals! Rob couldn't believe no one in the family is overweight with the way we eat. Haha!
And of course we had the Bischoff Blowout (a tradition to eat a ton of junk food one night). We watched a video of past reunions which was hilarious.
We had a Guitar Hero tournament and I won (on the beginner level) :P Here Will and Jordyn are battling.
We ended the reunion by doing landscaping and cleaning at my grandma's house. It looked great after all the hard work.
It was great for Rob to meet most of my family for the first time. We are definitely glad we went.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

My friends dad built and used to own the inn at the lake...but for some reason he didn't allow children to stay there and didn't get much business so he sold it and it seems to be doing much better! but sad! looks like fun can't wait to see the pics form when you stayed with us!!

jojoba said...

That was good times. We all liked getting to know Rob, too!

glarcy said...

judging from what I can see of my face in that big family picture, I'm kind of glad it's blurry.

Trevor and Lauren said...

Aw Bear Lake! My aunt lives there and we have family reunions there every year! It is such a beautiful lake! Glad to see that Rob learned how to dunk :) Hope all is great!