Monday, January 9, 2012

Back to Hawaii

I know this post is very late, but it's nice to see warm places in the middle of winter. That was my plan all along. These pictures aren't in any particular order and I don't feel like organizing them. ;) Enjoy.


After 2 years, we made it back to visit Oahu in June/July. We got a great deal to fly out of Portland, so we invited some friends and then built up our excitement for 6 months.

It was fun in Portland to stay at my aunt's house and sight-see around the city. I had come once before when I was 14.
This is my cousin's baby at one month old.
We were very fortunate to stay at a professor's house in Laie for free for 10 days. We hit up all our favorite sites and restaurants.
Hukilau Cafe for breakfast
Polynesian Cultural Center
Enjoying Hukilau beachSnorkeling at Shark's Cove
Matsumoto's Shave Ice (The mainland just can't come close)

Hike in Kahana Valley
Waikiki Getaway
Beautiful sunset at Turtle Bay on the 4th of July
Gotta love Hawaiian innovation
Laie Temple
Beautiful Landscape
Rob and Theron at Waimea Bay
My first time scuba diving (Shark's Cove)
Kayaking in Kailua Bay. The weather was stormy, and yes, Rob is eating Arby's while I paddle.
We survived! It was an hour paddle to that little island beside me but only 20 min. back. The wind was so strong.
Random
Hawaii still felt very familiar to us, and it brought back so many great memories.

We got to see some of our old, dear friends, Nate and Kim Howard, who are lucky enough to still live there.And we got to see my Uncle Bill and wife Margie who just started their mission there a few weeks before.
We LOVE YOU, Hawai'i! We can't wait to return.

3 comments:

SABigler said...

looks like a fun trip! i wish we could go back too, someday, someday it will happen!

Kim said...

I'm so jealous you got to go back! I don't think I knew you got to see Uncle Bill and Margie. Thanks for sharing all of the pics, they are great. Take us with you next time!!!

Chad and Carole said...

*sigh* I'm so jealous...borderline coveting...