Monday, November 16, 2009
Summer Trips part 6: Menan Butte and Rigby Lake
This wasn't really a trip, but in July, our friends from Hawaii, Katie and Ian, were visiting family in Idaho. We got to spend a few days with them and our friends Katelyn and Brandon, who came up from UT. It was so good seeing friends from Hawaii for the first time.
We hiked the butte, aka "R" mountain, an old volcano. It was a short hike but pretty and fun.





We saw a dead, headless rattlesnake in the parking lot.
We ate at Big Jud's which is famous for their 1 lb hamburgers. I seriously could barely eat 1/8 of it. I am starting to really hate beef. It makes me feel sick. Lunch ended with Ian opening the window in the restaurant and yelling out, "I'm so full!" The guy getting in his truck looked a little confused.

We next went to a nearby lake and took out the kayak and blow up raft. The raft would not go anywhere because of the wind. It took us forever to get back to shore. We tried to fit 4 people in it. Yeah, it didn't work.


I'm glad we're able to make Idaho a little more fun than it was when we lived here before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
it really is too bad that you covered up the "h" in "head" on that sign. That would have been even better.
I never got to hike R mountain so I'm glad you could do it for me. That rattlesnake is gross. I'm glad it was dead. We love Big Jud's! Jacob did the 1 lb challenge a long time ago, but I don't know if he could do it now. I wouldn't want him to anyway.
Post a Comment