Ok, I promise I'm almost done with the Hawaii posts so I can move on to what we're doing now. It was just hard looking at our Hawaii pictures because it made me too sad so I kept putting it off.
One of the most perfect days/nights we had in Hawaii was when we kayaked in Kailua. We went with the Dalleys and Ngauamos. In the picture above, first we went to the little flat island on the far left. Then we headed to the pointy one between us. It was a little scary going to the 2nd island because we kept getting stuck on the reef and then some waves came, but we all made it without tipping over.
On the first island.
We went exploring.
On the 2nd island we climbed over rocks to get to a small tide pool. Here we are trying to all fit without touching the walls which were covered in urchins. We found a sea cucumber and had fun playing with it. It's on Asa's head in the picture above.
Heading back
Then we just played and had fun in the warm, shallow waters of Kailua beach while the sun set. And we ate one last time at our favorite restaurant, Phuket Thai. We miss that place!! We also miss everyone!! Thanks for a perfect last Saturday in Hawaii!
I wish we had been able to go kayaking on our trip there. We'll just have to do it next time, right? I'm glad you had a wonderful day with your friends before you had to move.
Rob and I have been married for 9 years! Rob is in law school and I'm living the fab life of a substitute teacher. We've lived in 5 states with 14 different addresses resulting in friends all over the world. We love to travel and are always excited to see what life will bring next.
3 comments:
This was one of my very, very favorite days too! So much fun and so beautiful! Let's go back asap
I wish we had been able to go kayaking on our trip there. We'll just have to do it next time, right? I'm glad you had a wonderful day with your friends before you had to move.
It looks like a blast! It was prob really hard to leave!
Post a Comment