Sunday, January 4, 2009

Trip to the Big Island

So our trip to the Big Island was a lot of fun! I was gonna be good and get this posted a few days after our trip and I had everything ready except I needed to scan some pics, and then I just got too busy with family visiting, graduation, and then Christmas. So, thank you to those who are still here checking my blog when it has been dead for so long!

We went all over the island which was a lot of driving. It was fun in our convertible though. The highlights of the trip were kayaking, the Volcano Park, and Waipio Valley. If you've ever been to Waipio Valley you can appreciate the fact that we hiked down to the valley in flip flops. It's a 25% grade and was the most strenuous hike I've done (not that I've done that many).

Rob and I didn't talk about work or school while we were there. It was so great! We laughed so much together and just had FUN. It reminded me of all our road trips when we were engaged/first married.

(It might be easier to read the captions if you click "View All Images")



These are from our kayak adventure in Keauhou Bay, taken with a waterproof camera so they're not the best quality. The water was deep blue and clear enough to see down at least 40 feet. It was prettier than the water I've seen on Oahu. We kayaked about 3 miles round trip and got to go in a cave, cliff jump, snorkel, and picnic.

About 20 feet up (see how clear?)

This actually turned into a nice dive

Rob jumped once and dove twice off the 24 ft cliff

3 comments:

Kim said...

It was fun to see these pictures finally!! It really makes me want to come back and explore the other islands. You guys are so lucky to live there!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I can't wait to see picture of your Christmas

SABigler said...

i'm glad that you still posted about this even though it was awhile ago. it looks so beautiful and that you two had a great time together. we miss you guys so much, holidays have been crazy, and now the scary part has started, seriously finding a job, and in no time our baby will be here. oh how i wish you guys could be around to see her. i guess i will just have to send pictures and then you guys will have to visit. love and miss ya!!!