Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pumpkin Patch


Friday, the preschool class my student is in went to Aloun Farms in Kapolei to the pumpkin patch. I have never been to a pumpkin patch and I have been missing out! It was a lot of fun, especially with 6 four year old boys.

Nani (ed. assistant) and Monique (teacher)

This is the face that motivates me to go to work everyday. So cute!!

We started by picking our own pumpkins.
His reaction was, deep inhale then, "Puuummkinns!"

just his size and perfect for throwing (which he did)



3 cuties

He was kissing the pumpkins
(he kisses things he loves: toys, papers, pictures)

After we found the perfect pumpkins, we went on a hayride. The poor kids had to sit in the middle while the adults stood on the sides, so they didn't get to see much. This is basically how the kids looked the entire ride.

I was glad my student had fun and that he was relatively calm. I only had one close call with him almost running into the road when the tractor was coming. My student loves to run, by the way. He keeps me in shape.
This cut out is perfect for him.

Do you ever see kids so cute that you want to eat them? Crystal, I know you understand. My mom used to tell me that she could just eat me up and I never understood it until now. Haha.


Muscles

This isn't the best but it's hard to get him to smile for the camera, he smiles for about 1 second

My goodies

For those that live in Hawaii, it costs $6.50 to get in, they give you a bag, and if you can carry the pumpkin, you can take it. The kids got to pick 2 small ones. It is only open to school groups on weekdays and the public on weekends. They also have $10 bags of produce with melon, corn, zucchini, squash, green beans, etc. Too bad I didn't have more money, don't those sound so good?!

2 comments:

Mama Mia said...

So fun to see your student! He is a cutie!

Kim said...

Now I want to go to a pumpkin patch! We have actually never been to one either, but we have picked strawberries and blackberries at fruit farms. Looks like you had a fun time, esp. since you were getting paid right?!