Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor Day

For Labor Day, Ashlyn organized a beach day at Kahana Bay. It is a beautiful bay surrounded by mountains and trees. There were about 10 couples there. The guys played football in the shallow water while the girls relaxed.

We all brought our own meat to grill and something to share. There were lots of yummy things to eat. I'm craving more peach cobbler and cowboy caviar.
Nate and Kim brought their kayak and we took turns going out in that. The 2nd time Rob and I went out there was a boat making waves which made it a little more exciting than I wanted.
Baby Nate on the rope swing

The guys were adventurous and climbed way up in the trees to go off the rope swing. The original rope swing branch had broken so they improvised. The water was shallow and calm and nice to just relax in. We spent about 5 1/2 hrs there. It was a fun Labor Day. Thanks Ashlyn for organizing it!

4 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Now that is MY kind of Labor Day! Beach, food and friends! It can't get better than that!

Trevor and Lauren said...

Hey Pottsys (I really don't know how I would spell that one). Nice pics, the last hoorah until Thanksgiving! Its ok.

Kim said...

It is fun to see you at a place we visited. Remember Jacob on the rope swing? Or maybe you'd rather not. :) Wish I could have been at the beach for Labor Day!

Jana and Rob said...

Earlier this week,at this same beach there was a shark attack. A 12ft tiger shark latched onto the surfers leg and wouldn't let go. He stuck his fingers in its mouth trying to get it to open, and finally it let go, and he swam to the shore. It is scary how a week earlier we were carefree while playing at this bay, and fortunately nothing happened to us.