Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Time with Family



So it was fun to be on "vacation" while Kim and Jacob were here. We did so much but still had time to relax. If you want more pictures you can look at Kim and Jacob's blog.

First of all, Kim and Jacob must attract sea turtles because we saw 8 while they were here. We even got to snorkel with one at Shark's Cove! I hadn't seen any while living here so I was shocked that they were everywhere we went. When we walked out to Goat Island a huge one swam right by us. To be honest it kinda freaked me out because I thought it was a shark! Unfortunately Rob didn't get to do much with us because of school, plus his hurt back, so I'm single in most of our pictures.


Rob took a break from his studies and joined us at the Polynesian Cultural Center where he was chosen to help with the fire starting and coconut husking in the Samoa Village. He won both contests. Jacob was then called up to drink the coconut juice. He had just tried some a few days before which he didn't like, so he wasn't too excited to have to drink it on stage.








After trying out Kailua Beach, Waikiki Beach, and seeing the beaches on the south shore, I must say I am a north shore/windward beach kinda girl. I did not like having to lay down right next to someone else! In my opinion we have the best beaches right here! Quiet, peaceful, lots of sand, and less tourists.

It was great to have family here and I hope the rest of my family will get to come too. You will save so much money and have a better tour of Oahu if you come while we live here. Plus it gives me an excuse to do fun stuff!

A beautiful couple

6 comments:

Kim said...

I liked the slide show and videos. It makes me want to come back there already.

Chad and Carole said...

hahaha, I laughed so hard at Jacob's video. That poor guy. But the mc (?) was so funny.

Mama Mia said...

Looks like you know all the great places to go! How fun to have your sister visit! It is so neat you two can enjoy paradise while you are young and free!

Anonymous said...

Boy, am I jealous! I'm glad you all had such a good time. I thought both video's were good. Rob really got that coconut husked fast. Jacob's video was fun. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I really liked the slide show. This is a beautiful couple in more ways than one! I don't know how you learn to do all of this and keep it up. It's nice for me to see.

Bethany said...

I am so glad that kim and her husband came to visit. Loved the slide show. You guys had fun and visited some beautiful places.