Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial Day

For Memorial Day, we first stopped at Ted's Bakery on the Northshore for breakfast which was yummy. Then we went swimming with some friends in the lagoons at the JW Marriott Resort. This is the same resort that Rob and I stayed a month ago but the JW is the nicer one.


It was a bright, sunshiny day and Rob and I got sunburned even with sunscreen. The water was nice and we saw 1 1/2 to 2 feet long fish swimming right beside us. I played with the kids and then we walked over to the resort where they have different marine life. We saw baby hammerheads, manta rays, star fish, and a variety of tropical fish.

Here they come.....





After that we stopped by Jamba Juice for a refreshing drink. I tried the new Berry Topper with granola from their new breakfast menu. Rob got the Acai (Brazilian Cherry) bowl and he said it was delicious. He said the organic granola was the best part. Jamba is always so good!

Our last stop was at the rope swing in Kahana Bay. Most of us were too tired to try it but it looks like it would be fun to do one day. It was a good Memorial Day and we're going to miss our friends that are moving in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Leah Remillet said...

I had so much fun! Thanks for posting this. I'm so glad you guys came!!!

Ella has been sick so I took her to the Dr. he asked if we had been in any fresh water I told him 'yes, the rope swing.' He than asked 'why would you do that?' I was little confused. Than he explained that he would never go in fresh water in HI its got tons of bacteria and nasty stuff and can get you really sick. So might want to scratch that off the to do list. I had no clue, we Washingtonians have great CLEAN fresh water. :)

Mary Boyd said...

It was so fun spending time with you guys on Memorial Day. You really are so much fun.

Mary