Monday, March 31, 2008

Past, Present, Future

I was tagged by Kim. It's been fun trying to remember when...

20 Years Ago... I was 3 living in Twin Falls, Idaho hanging out at home with my mom and younger brother. We were getting ready to move in June to Tennessee where I grew up.


10 Years Ago... I was 13 and in the 7th grade at Newbern Junior High. I was learning clarinet in band and making new friends, some I still have to this day. Every day after school I played Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis. I think it's the only game I ever beat. I also played outside with my brother Will, our neighbor Jessie, and our dog Maurice. I got my ears pierced that year too.


5 Years Ago... 18 years old and ready to graduate! I was in color guard, indoor drumline, jazz band, and 1st chair clarinet in concert band. I also was in the high school choir and surprisingly won the Most Outstanding Choir Member award on Senior Award Day. Go altos! My best friends were Stephanie, Amy, Tiffany, Millie, Gabby, Germaine, and Will. I was boy CRAZY, ask my friends. I was a car hop at Sonic making big tips. I got accepted to BYU-Idaho and won several scholarships from different organizations including Wal-Mart! I moved to Idaho in August and haven't lived at home since. :(


3 Years Ago... I was 20, had been married for a year, and still lived in Rexburg. I was in my soph/junior year of college and started working at Broulim's in the meat department. In March, Rob, Will, and I drove out to Indiana for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. In June Rob and I drove to Denver for his sister Tamera's wedding reception. In November we drove down to Arizona for Rob's grandma's wedding! Lots of travelling. I was busy with school and work. Will left for his mission that fall in Paraguay.


1 Year Ago... March 30, 2007 was my last day of student teaching in Phoenix, AZ. We lived with the Tubbs and enjoyed having a warm winter. I graduated April 6, then we left a few days later for Herndon, VA to sell APX. I enjoyed my summer with no work and played at the pool, worked out, and visited my sister Kim and hubby Jacob in Richmond a lot! I also went to D.C. for the first time (and several times) and got to watch fireworks by the Washington Monument. That August we drove back to Idaho and packed up to move to Hawaii. Rob started school at BYU-H and I worked as a substitute teacher all over the windward side of Oahu. I started as an ordinance worker in the temple in October. We made lots of friends and I gained a workout partner, Rose, and tried to work out everyday.


So far this year...I worked as a sub until Feb. then got hired as a skills trainer. We played softball with our ward and won the tournament. I've been on 3 beautiful hikes. We've made more friends and are feeling more at home here in Hawaii.


Today I... worked with my student, helping him with his assignments and "skills," I was jealous as Rob got to go scuba diving with his friend, and I checked everyone's blogs and realized I really need to update mine.


This year I will...earn lots of money (hopefully), have fun being a tourist when Kim and Jacob come and also when Rob's family comes, go to the Polynesian Cultural Center 3 times, go to Utah for Rob's family reunion in July, visit 1 or 2 other islands, go on more hikes, explore more of Oahu, get in better shape, try surfing again, soak up all the fun in Hawaii while I can.


I tag... Ashlyn, Rose, Becky, Kelsy, and Lou.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yay! It is good to see an update on your blog. This was fun to read, even though I knew pretty much everything already.

Patty said...

So is that a real tattoo?