Saturday, December 15, 2007

Pronounciation

Have you heard the joke where you have someone spell and say a word several times such as "milk" and then ask them what cows drink and they're supposed to say "milk" instead of "water"? I substituted this week in a 5th grade class in Kailua for 2 days. On Wednesday a girl came up to me and asked me to spell "fort" 4 times, say it 3 times, spell it 2 times, and say it once more. Then she asked, "What do you eat soup with?" I don't know about you, but by 5th grade I knew fork was spelled with a k.


That class also pronounced all their 3's as "free." A different 5th grade class I was in on Friday pronounced their 3's as "tree."


And according to pronounciation here, one of Santa's reindeer is named "Cupit." When the Kupuna asked a boy to name one of the reindeer and he said "Cupid," Auntie Kai started laughing and thought it was cute that he pronounced it with a "d" instead of a "t." I was the one that was really laughing though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried the spelling fork out and saying it to Melanie, she was too smart for that joke, I guess i have to use something else!--Joseph Anderson