Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Law School

This summer Rob and I started our newest chapter of life. We haven't stayed settled anywhere for too long, unfortunately, but we will have at least 3 years here while Rob goes to law school. We're sad to be away from immediate family, but I have a cousin and my aunt's family close by. Plus Rob has some relatives near here. We've also started making new friends and have been getting settled in. We've been here for about 2 months now. Here are some pictures from his beautiful campus.

We never heard of this school until Rob ran into a friend in Idaho who was from here and recommended it.


I had never seen such huge trees until we were walking around campus one day
Do you see Rob?
 
There are five 61 year old sequoias and they are the largest Christmas trees on a college campus. I'll have to post a picture when they're decorated!
This just reminds me of Anne of Avonlea. I love it!
They have random chairs and benches around campus.
Wouldn't you love to eat lunch or study on that little bench?
This little river runs right through campus
It's so pretty we just might become tree-huggers

I don't want to jinx us, but we have had the most gorgeous weather since we moved here. It's been overcast just a handful of days and the temperature is in the 70's and 80's. We had some really hot weeks up in the 90's-100's and that was miserable on the third floor with no A.C. Our apartment got up to 96 degrees one day and averaged at 89 for a while. I know the rain will come, but right now we're enjoying this perfect weather. We miss our friends and family, but I think we'll grow to love it here too.

3 comments:

James and Elizabeth said...

Yippee. Salem is a great place. not to far from Portland. We visit Portland often next time we are in Portland we should meet up.

Kim said...

Hurray, a new post!! The campus is beautiful! I can't believe how huge those trees are! Rob is a tiny speck next to them. It's good to see where Rob will be spending so much time the next 3 years. We can re-enact some scenes from Anne of Avonlea when I come visit. :) Glad the weather has been so good!

Chad and Carole said...

Chad has a good friend that graduated law from there...fun! I LOVE the trees. The no a/c part stinks though. Good thing it should be cooling off soon, right?