Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hawaii

Hawaii has been on my mind since we moved 10 months ago. I can't believe it's been that long. It was hard at first, then it seemed to get better, but lately it's been hard again. I just keep remembering our perfect life there. It seems to always be in my thoughts lately.

It didn't help that the TV was all about Hawaii yesterday because of the tsunami warning.

It didn't help that I'm supposed to be making some Hawaiian food for RS and I had to look at delicious food online and couldn't drive and get some.

It didn't help that I spent 2 hrs tonight looking at our Hawaii friends' blogs.

It didn't help that I heard some local island music.

It doesn't help that I want to go naked from the knees down, but it's too cold still.

And it doesn't help that I just can't let Idaho and its people into my heart like they used to be. Hawaii is occupying too much space still.

8 comments:

glarcy said...

wow... I think my heart broke a little for you.

Erin said...

i totally agree on your last little sentence! i feel the same way!

Melissa said...

I think I will feel the same way when (if) we move from here. We miss you guys!

Kim said...

I still feel the same way about Virginia. It has taken a long time for new places to feel like home. Maybe a vacation to Hawaii would help you...

Stopher and Nicolle said...

agh! let's go! take my hand and we will run...so fast we will skip across that vast pacific ocean and be there soon...

oh i miss it. we are going to visit very soon. you should come!

Chad and Carole said...

Jana, you made me miss Hawaii and I've never been there! I love that pic...have you framed it? It's beautiful. I think you should move to Utah and we'll learn to love it together...you know, strength in numbers!

Wahines in Bikinis said...

I just got denied to UH Law school (brandon) so that dashed my hopes of returning soon. I will just have to convince kate to take the Hawaii Bar exam after we finish law school

Carl and Jerevie said...

hey jana...hawaii is one special place, don't you think? i heart hawaii, and everything about it... -jv