Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fun Stuff

Our friend/neighbor Jess made this video last week for Mitt Romney. The 2nd guy (in the beanie) is our neighbor Mike, Rob is the 4th person, and the girl at the end is Jess's wife Rose, my friend and workout partner! Go F building!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5p-wxaH410

On Wednesday for enrichment we had a Japanese culture night. We learned about Japan, made origami boxes, tried on yukatas (lighter-weight, less expensive kimonos), and ate Japanese food. We have several people in our ward from Japan so it was nice to learn more about their culture. Thanks Hikari for the pictures.
Concentrating on making the boxes
Miha, Chelsea, Rose, and me. Look at their shoes! I don't know how they walk in them. Plus you have to have 'Japanese Barbie feet to fit in them' as Miha said.
Showing off the bows. The Japanese girls had to dress us and it looked complicated.

4 comments:

Kelsy Thomson said...

Hey Jana!! Your blog is so cute! We miss ya a lot and you look like you are having way too much fun!! Check out our blog (yeah I finally got it up and running) its jeffkelsy.blogspot.com. Thanks! Its good to see the fun things happening in your life.

Kelsy

Mama Mia said...

Jana your blog looks so cute! So do you in your kimono!

Shaela said...

how FUN! I love (what I know about) the Japanese culture. hi Jana, how's it going? Kim keeps me posted on you, but now that I have your blog, I can stay posted myself! laters

Leah Remillet said...

I was just looking over your blog. I wish I could have gone to that enrichment night. Just had to say that the youtube movie was awesome.... Just wish he was still in the running!